Annual Day of Giving soon to BAHS

Mrs. Riddle and Mrs. Frank take time for a photo during the 2022 Day of Giving. (BluePrint file photo)

Bellwood’s annual Day of Giving will be held on November 20th, the last school day before Thanksgiving break. This is a great way every year for students and teachers to work together and give back to the community.

Mrs. Allison Stinson, who helps to organize the event, says, “We started this years ago to give students a day of fun before their break, but to also give a helping hand to the school and community. It seems to draw a lot of interest and attention every year, and I hope we can continue this for years to come.” 

There will be many activities that students can partake in on this day. One of the most popular activities is the door decorating contest. Students can get a group together and pick a door they want to decorate for the Christmas holidays. They have all morning and can use any materials they find, or they can even bring in some decorations from home.

Voting will take place in the afternoon, and the top 5 groups with the best doors will be rewarded with Chick-Fil-A. 

Some other activities that will be available for students will be blanket making (these will be donated to the VA or local hospital), Christmas card making, visiting the local Graystone, snowflake making for the hallways, hanging lights, setting up Christmas tree and wrapping presents, painting cafeteria windows, painting murals or signs, and some other helpful activities.

Junior Avah Hassler says, “My favorite part about the Day of Giving is the door decorating. I like to express my festive feelings on a door.”

Hopefully the student body can come together and have a great Day of Giving this year.