Law class takes trip to the Blair Courthouse

Mr. McNaul
Students from law classes taught by Mr. McNaul and Mr. Elder visited the Blair County Courthouse last week.

On April 12th,  Mr. McNaul and Mr. Elder gave their law classes an opportunity to attend a field trip to the Blair County Courthouse and the Pennsylvania State Police barracks in Hollidaysburg.

The purpose of the trip was to show the ways what students had learned in class is applied to real life. Students have looked at the investigation process, types of crimes, and law enforcement. So when they visited the Pennsylvania State Police barracks, the troopers covered some of the same topics.

While on the trip, students also heard from members of the judicial system at the courthouse, including o a judge, a probation official and a sheriff’s deputy.

”I want the students to gain a deeper appreciation of the legal process.  From the first encounters with law enforcement, through the court process, there is a system in place to hold those accountable to the law, but protect their constitutional rights during this process,” Mr. McNaul said.

Mr. McNaul has been taking kids on the law trip since 2019; however there were two years when we didn’t take kids due to COVID, and those were in  2020 and 2021.