TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL: Jocelyn Diehl

Jocelyn Diehl has been writing fiction stories for several years.

Jocelyn Diehl, a freshman at Bellwood-Antis, began writing stories in her childhood, and those stories continued with her as she grew. Now, she’s been working on small short stories not only for class assignments but outside of school as well!

Her gimmick is that she uses real people but adds fictional material in to give the characters a little twist to them. She mostly sticks to writing Fantasy and Action.

Some of her continuing stories and characters she has worked on over the years is her Ninja Double/Triple series. She’s currently writing one now!

“Sometimes, I am really bored,” stated Jocelyn. “I have to do something!”

She aspires to be a successful, published author one day, and she’d like to see a lot of people read her books.

In her opinion, The Ninja Triple series is the best series she’s even written, and one her best stories is called The Watch, which she wrote in seventh grade.

According to Mr. Kerry Naylor, Jocelyn’s ninth grade English teacher, “Writing isn’t just a school assignment for Jocelyn. It’s something she does for fun as a hobby, and it shows because she’s very good at it. She’s extremely creative and thoughtful.”

Her motivation to continue writing is her determination for lots of people to read and enjoy her books.

Congratulations Jocelyn, and good luck with your writings!