Should Taylor Swift continue being a spotlight in the media of the Kansas City Chiefs and NFL?

Julia Johnson
Real picture of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce.

Should Taylor Swift continue being a spotlight in the media of the Kansas City Chiefs and NFL? Many football fans, including myself, are tired of seeing Swift while watching football. It seems as though the media and broadcasts keep shoving her down everyone’s throats, from showing her after every Chiefs touchdown to many Instagram posts about her from accounts like SportsCenter and ESPN.

This is angering many, including Bellwood- Antis alumni and Blueprint legend Cooper Guyer, who commented on a recent ESPN Taylor Swift post, “Is this sports??” 

It’s only going to get worse heading into this weekend as the Chiefs prepare to face San Francisco in Super Bowl LVIII.

During the AFC championship post-game, Chiefs legend and Hall of Famer Jan Stenerud presented the CEO of the Kansas City Chiefs Clark Hunt with the Lamar Hunt trophy. In the middle of his speech, the camera randomly cut to Taylor Swift. This seemed very unnecessary and took away from the moment away from the great speech.  This is expected from her, however. Taylor swift loves being in the spotlight and taking it away from others. Just recently during the 2024 Grammys, she was standing up and dancing in the aisles while other artists performed. Pretty much everyone else in the entire building was seated, but not her. She had to stand up and dance to bring attention to herself. The only word you can use to describe her is cringe. 

There are some people who are in favor of all this coverage of her and want to see her more, including B-A Swifty Olivia Hess. She says, “I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. She’s just trying to watch a football game and support a team. She can’t control that the NFL puts her on screen for a very small percentage of the game, and she is doing them a big favor since a new audience watches the NFL now.” 

The NFL is probably the biggest product in America, so she isn’t necessarily doing them much of a favor. Even most Taylor Swift fans have watched the NFL before.

Hopefully the Chiefs lose the Super Bowl, so we can see sad Taylor Swift to end the 2023-2024 NFL season.