B-A Mini-THON schedule released

BluePrint file photo
Mini-THON 2024 will be loaded with fun activities for students running from 1:20 until 9:30.

The Mini-THON committee released the schedule and list of activities for Mini-THON on Friday. This is the first Mini-Thon event since 2020 and students can participate in the event by making a $10 donation or purchasing a t-shirt.

The Mini-THON committee’s goal is to raise $20,000. The money raised will be donated to the Four Diamonds Foundation to support childhood cancer research and treatment.

The event starts after 3rd lunch and students participating will be dismissed at 1:20 to attend the opening ceremonies in the HS gym. Students that didn’t make a donation or purchase a shirt will have to remain in 7th and 8th period.

Mini-THON will run until 9:30, culminating in a dance that begins at 7 and includes the fundraising reveal.

Co-Advisor Mr. Matthew Elder said the support he’s witnessed for Mini-THON from both students and the B-A community “has been nothing short of amazing.”

“Having to adjust our goal 3 times, from $5000, to $10,000, to now $20,000 is just remarkable,” he said. “There’s so much division and negativity in the world today, so to see a community and school coalesce around such a wonderful cause is truly inspiring.”

Students will be allowed to leave at dismissal at 2:53, but they cannot return to the school for the event. Attendance will be taken at 3 p.m. and all students accounted for are expected to stay at the school for the remainder of Mini-THON.

After attendance is taken the students will get to participate in a 3v3 basketball tournament and a kickball tournament. If you didn’t sign up for either of these tournaments you can play video games, board games, tailgate games, and face painting.

It’s a monumental task that involves a dedicated Mini-THON committee, and 24 hours before Mini-THON starts co-advisor Mr. Shawn Hallahan said there is still plenty to do.

“The kids have put a lot of time and effort into tomorrow. I’m hopeful that we will reach our goal of $20,000,” he said. “Either way, I’m really proud of everyone’s effort in bringing back Mini-THON. I think we will be able to use this year as a springboard for bigger and better things to come.”

Anyone still interested in donating to Mini-THON can access DonorDrive to make contributions.