Happy Mother’s Day

Emily Wagner

Guidance office secretary Beth Zitterbart has two sons in the high school: senior Randy and freshman Jared.

Emilee Astore, Staff Writer/Education News Reporter

Karen Miller can see middle-schooler Trevor as she works in the guidance office, as well as senior Tyson.
Emily Wagner
Karen Miller can see middle-schooler Trevor as she works in the guidance office, was well as senior Tyson.

Mom. Mother. Mama. Madre. Mum. Mommy.

No matter what the language, the word means something special to everybody.

Mother’s Day is a day to celebrate everything that mothers do; a day just for them.

The holiday started after the Civil War as a way of promoting reconciliation between mothers of Union and Confederate soldiers. It became a national holiday in the United States in 1914.

No matter the origins, it’s a day that’s all about the most important ladies in our lives.

Mothers invest their time into their families and make some of the biggest sacrifices to keep everyone happy and well.

School nurse Kelly Hoover flanked by sophomore Jacob and junior Emily.
Edyn Convery

Our moms are our heroes and this is the day to show appreciation.

Everyone should be thankful and grateful for the mother that they have because not all people are as fortunate as others to have a mom.

Here at Bellwood- Antis, many students are blessed to have their moms working within the district in a variety of areas, from teachers to healthcare, office workers, and buildings and ground.