Middle School Students of the Week

This+weeks+middle+school+Students+of+the+Week+were+%28l+to+r%29+Caitlyn+McCartney%2C+Cynthia+Hamel%2C+Caden+Nedimyer%2C+and+Allison+Nycum.+

Courtesy photo

This week’s middle school Students of the Week were (l to r) Caitlyn McCartney, Cynthia Hamel, Caden Nedimyer, and Allison Nycum.

Ethan McGee, Staff Writer

A new week means more student recognition in the middle school. Each week one student from each grade level, five through eight, is selected as student of the week.

Students of the week must display great qualities in the school environment. The selection takes into consideration action in the classroom, hallways, and cafeteria. Respectful and courteous students who also put forth great effort in class often find themselves selected.

This week’s four selected students are:

5th – Allison Nycum

6th – Caden Nedimyer

7th– Cynthia Hamel

8th– Caitlyn McCartney

Some great justifications were given by a couple of these students’ grade level teachers.

“Cynthia Hamel is such a nice girl. She is always smiling! She tries very hard in class, and is always respectful to teachers,” said Mr. Hescox.

Mrs. Marie Enedy said Cynthia is a valuable resource because of her knowledge of technology.

“She took it upon herself last year to figure out how to navigate Google Docs and Google Classroom,” Mrs. Enedy said. “She continues to be one of my go-to students in her classes with me.”

“Allison Nycum is always smiling and brings a smile to your face that brightens your day. She is a quiet, kind-hearted, and a hard working student that is a great role model for her peers,” said Mrs. Kuhn.

Congratulations to all students who were selected, and keep up the great work! If not selected, keep doing positive duties as a student to earn the honor.