Christmas craft fair opening Saturday

Event raises money for Relay for Life

Ali Wagner

Christmas time is here and so is the annual Christmas Craft Show,.

Sidney Patterson, Staff Writer

The Christmas season is upon us. This holds a world of traditions in preparation and excitement for the holidays. For one Bellwood-Antis organization, it means celebrating Christmas through crafts.

This Saturday, December 3, the Bellwood-Antis Relay for Life is holding its annual Christmas Craft Show from 9-4 at the Myers Elementary School.

Amy Chamberlin of ‘the Brady Bunch’ Relay for Life team, has been putting her hand in the Craft Show every holiday season.

“We always do craft shows. We love craft shows, and it’s a great fundraiser for our relay team,” said Mrs. Chamberlain.

The Christmas Craft Show is great for parents and children of all ages. One thing that separates it from other craft shows is that it offers a chance for children to have a shopping buddy for the day to help them pick presents for their family members.

B-A high school students, like senior Jarryd Kissel, rarely miss the opportunity to be gift wrappers, shopping buddies, or working in the activity room for the day as Santa’s elves.

“It’s a good way to earn community service hours while doing something good and fun for the community,” said Jarryd.

There is a lot of work that goes into organizing the Christmas Craft Show, but Mrs. Chamberlin does it with ease.

“The hardest part is really just making sure that the vendors are happy with their spots and have all the services needed,” she said.

There will also be food available, with vendor booths selling everything from Christmas cookies to hot dogs, nachos, and soups.

Mrs. Chamberlain finds it a very worthwhile fund raiser, not just for her relay team, but also for the Bellwood community.

“It’s become a community event that people look forward to coming to,” said Amy, “My favorite part is watching the kids do their shopping and being all excited for Christmas.”

Amy says that she plans to continue doing the Christmas craft show in the years to come.