Taneyhill leads Devils over Rams

Wrestlers win big; girls basketball downs Williamsburg

Phoebe Potter

Jarrett Taneyhill used slick moves like this reverse to drop 22 points on Penns Valley last night.

Phoebe Potter, Daily Dish Editor

Last night, the Bellwood-Antis boys basketball team took down Penns Valley at home.

Jarrett Taneyhill led the boys in scoring and rebounds with 22 points and 13 rebounds to help the boys barrel to a 62-46 win.

Joey Padula scored 14 points and Trent Walker added 11 for the Blue Devils.

In the first quarter, B-A led by 10, 17-7, and then Penns Valley cut it to a five point deficit by halftime, 30-25.

The Blue Devils came out hot in the third, scoring 20 of their 62 in the quarter to build a

Trent Walker recorded the only three pointer for BA.

The Blue Devils now improved to 6-2 in the mountain league with their win over Penns Valley.

Lady Devils blow past Williamsburg

The Bellwood-Antis girls’ basketball team shut down the Williamsburg’s Lady Pirates on the road last night, winning 63-33.

The Lady Devils were forced to deal with a 6 foot foreign exchange student from Hungary, Laura Barhacs, who is one of the best players in the area.

She scored 20 points by the end of the game but didn’t help secure the victory.

The Lady Blue Devils added another win to a 7-2 start, and dealt the Lady Piratesz their second loss of the season (5-2).

Bellwood came out strong, building a 10-point lead, but Williamsburg came back and finished the quarter down 12-10.

The Lady Devils  got rolling in the second and by the half the score was 28-15.

Karson Swogger finished the half with 16 points and scored 21 points in the game.

“There were things we could have worked on, but overall we played decent. Our shots weren’t falling early on,” said freshmen Emilie Leidig.

Allison Campbell and Makayla Carles also contributed with 13 each. The trio of Campbell, Swogger and Carles hit went 9 treys for B-A.

Bellwood-Antis travels to West Branch on Friday to take on the Lady Warriors.

Wrestlers get big win over Juniata Valley

The Blue Devil wrestlers shot right by Juniata Valley last night with a 50-18 victory in Alexandria.

There were four recorded pins for B-A, which were a major key to this substantial win. The recipients of these pins were juniors Malacki Harper 1:19, Nick Watters 3:09, and Bailey Kudlawiec 1:28, and sophomore Trentin Whaley 1:03. Also, Kudlawiec acquired his first win with a well-timed pin.

Ryan Kerns, Kaylob Tatsch, and Derrick Noonan had wins by forfeit, a low number considering the extent of the lopsided victory.