Blue Devil grapplers fall to Trojans

Phoebe Potter

Noah Schratzmeier battled to earn an 11-7 decision Tuesday against Mount Union.

Joe Padula, Staff Writer

Bellwood-Antis fell to Mount Union Tuesday in a home wrestling match, losing 41-31 while receiving four wins by forfeit.

At 106 sophomore Derrick Noonan got a major decision with an 8-0 win over Mt. Union’s Hockenberry to start the match and give B-A the early advantage.

After falling behind 30-28 Noah Schratzmeier picked up a huge win for the Blue Devils at 182. Schratzmeier rallied from behind in the match as he was down 5-3 early. However Noah took his coach’s advice and never gave in, eventually winning the bout by an 11-7 decision to give Bellwood-Antis at 31-30 advantage with two matches remaining.

“ I feel that I did a good job last night, it wasn’t my biggest performance but it worked out. I was behind in points but as coach always say’s you are never out of it until the final whistle or the last second on the clock runs out. Early in the match I was getting off the bottom which is my biggest weakness, so I knew I needed to make an adjustment and win the match on my feet just as I did last night,” Schratzmeier said.

With Schratzmeier putting B-A ahead the fate of the team was then put in the hands of Ryan Kerns at 195 and Collin Younker at 220.

Although putting in valiant efforts they both fell short of wins as both suffered pins to finished out the matches.

B-A went to 3-6 with the loss but will look to bounce back  this weekend at the West Branch Tournament.