FFA members place at regional speech

Julie Norris

Despite the end of their speaking season both Abie and Aubree gain a lot from their speaking experience.

Phoebe Potter, Staff Writer/Photo Editor

On Tuesday April 4, two FFA members placed at the Blair, Bedford, and Fulton Area FFA Public Speaking Contest.

Senior Abie Boutiller was able to place fifth out of nine in the senior category while sophomore Aubree Reiter grabbed sixth out of nine. Boutiller and Reiter attained their spots at the competition when they placed third and first at the contest held at Tyrone on Wednesday, March 29.

Boutiller remarked her experience in the competition as an amazing opportunity.

“It is a lot of fun and I am glad to have had the chance to participate,” she said. “The competition is really tough and you’re up against people that have placed in states. It is nice to know that you are up against the best.”

Reiter expressed how she was able to break through this year and become more familiar with public speaking.

“It was definitely an experience I’ve never had before,” she said. “I never really enjoyed public speaking when I was younger so it was different to actually do public speaking and advance in competition in my first year.”

Reiter continued to say how she is excited to continue competing in the competition in following years.

“Overall it was a good experience and I plan to continue with it next year,” said Aubree Reiter.