STEM Night gets underway tonight

Kerry Naylor

Ryan Moore and Jarryd Kissell help set up for STEM Night as Josh Swope watches on.

Ali Wagner, Staff Writer

STEM Night held tonight in the middle school gymnasium.

The purpose of STEM Night is to give kids a chance to learn more about Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics nd to demonstrate what they have learned in those fields this year.

Freshman Corey Johnston will be at STEM Night.

“STEM night is good for kids to get knowledge of STEM and to learn about them in an interactive way,” he said. “It also helps kids to see what they might want to do in a future job.”

Junior Kermit Foor will also be at STEM Night, helping kids get a good experience.

“STEM Night gives kids a chance to be hands on and learn while having fun,” said Kermit. “This year the SWAT Team created mini break out games. They help kids problem solve and think differently.”

Other activities and events planned for the evening include:

A Tesla car on display, a luxury electric car with 300-mile range.

A booth sponsored by sheets showing STEM-related positions within Sheetz along with an overview of the industrial engineering roles in Supply Chain.

St. Francis University will be on hand with liquid nitrogen demonstrations.

Representatives from the Blair conservation District will be attending, explaining why urban farming is needed to sustain our food supply and provide green space (carbon sinks) for urban/sub-urban areas; potential urban farming jobs.

Penn State University will have representatives from its traveling hands on physics museum.