• Congratulations to all Fall Sport Athletes for their great seasons this year.

• Congratulations BA Football Team for their Undefeated Season.

• Junior and Senior girls now is your chance to sign up for the annual PowderPuff!

2017 homecoming court announced

The 2017 Homecoming Court: front row (l to r) Alexis Gerwert, Sidney Patterson, Rachel Wertz; back row (l to r) Ali Dumin, Shayla Branstetter, Kamrun Mercer.

Julie Norris

Julie Norris

Julianna Norris, Copy/Page Editor

The senior class has casted their votes for the 2017 Homecoming Court. During 8 period on Friday, September 8, the members of the Homecoming court were announce over the loudspeaker.

This year’s homecoming court consists of seniors Sidney Patterson, Shayla Branstetter, Alexis Gerwert, Kamryn Mercer, Ali Dumin, and Rachel Wertz. For a fourth year in a row, there was a tie in the voting, so there are six nominees rather than five.

The winner will be announced at the annual Homecoming game on Friday, September 29 against Williamsburg at Memorial Stadium.

The girls are starting to plan for the annual skit night, which will take place Tuesday, September 26 in the high school gymnasium. They have also chosen their escorts.

The Homecoming Court has already begun the photo shoots and interviews that accompany the honor. (Julie Norris)

This year’s  escorts are Tristan Claypole with Shayla; Max DeArmitt with Ali, Colin McCaulley with Alexis, Blake Johnston with Kamryn, Tanner Worthing with Sidney, and Shane Thomas with Rachel.

A few weeks ago, the senior class was given a roster in order to choose which homecoming court member will be crowned queen. In order to become homecoming queen, a single nominee must have the majority vote from the students in tenth through twelfth grade.

Leo Club adviser Mrs. Carol Bartlett is in charge of not only skit night, but also is in charge of setting up the parade before Friday’s game and announcing the year’s queen.

“I’m always excited for Homecoming,” said Mrs. Bartlett. “The girls are always so happy to be nominated, but very anxious and nervous about skit night. Once they start to prepare their skits, they really get into it.”

The Leo Club Vice President Mya Decker is also heavily involved in the preparations that go into Homecoming.

Leo Club will try to get the school in Homecoming spirit this Friday with a all sports pep assembly eighth period.