Lady Blue Devils win two after break

Kyra Woomer

Like the Lady Devils themselves since the second week of the season, Emilee Leidig easily evades the competition last night against Huntingdon.

Colin McCaulley, Sports Writer

The Lady Blue Devil basketball team picked up wins on Tuesday and Wednesday to advance their record to 9-1.

Bellwood-Antis Sophomore Alli Campbell is continuing to prove to everyone why she’s the best in the business. To put it bluntly she posted some pretty crazy stats in Tuesday night’s 67-42 route of the Claysburg-Kimmel Bulldogs.

She was 50% from the field 13-26 for 35 points, grabbed 13 rebounds, had 5 steals, and added 2 blocks. In only nine games this year Alli has 4 double-doubles.

This game was one of the closer games so far this season in the beginning. Bellwood-Antis jumped out to a 19-9 lead in the first making it seem like another walk-away win. The Lady Bulldogs wouldn’t give up though and kept that ten point deficit all the way into half-time. Bellwood-Antis put the pedal to the metal in the third quarter and jumped out to a 22 point lead after the third and basically played keep away in the fourth quarter to seal the win.

Fellow Sophomore Sakeria Haralson tacked on 12 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks.

Wednesday night saw Bellwood-Antis absolutely destroy Huntington.  At the end of the first half the score was 48-10, and the final score was 77-36.

The Lady Blue Devils were making it look easy, especially Campbell who dropped 25 points, dished out 9 assists, and had 9 steals. Haralson had a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds.

Sophomore Emilee Leidig was on fire behind the three-point line, with all of her 12 points coming from beyond the three point stripe. Junior Riley D’Angelo hit 3 threes on her way to 13 points and 5 assists

At this point in the season the Lady Blue Devils are 9-1 and rolling on a 7 game win streak heading into the second half of the season.