Lady Blue Devils come back after tough loss

B-A vs. Moshannon Valley; January 15, 2018. (Kyra Woomer)

Colin McCaulley, Sports Writer

A forty point win is always an impressive one, but for the Lady Blue Devils their 83-43 route of the Moshannon Valley Damsels last night was a little extra. Bellwood-Antis came off of a heart breaking loss Friday that surely left the girls rocked after a layup fell in as time expired to give Juniata Valley a 1 point lead.

The Lady Blue Devils were in an unfamiliar situation on Friday night, down by 4 points going into the fourth quarter. It seemed like Bellwood-Antis had win it with a few seconds left and a 1 point lead, everyone thought it was over. Until Juniata Valley lead a last ditch play that resulted in a layup at the buzzer.

There is no doubt a loss like that stings after coming so close but the Lady Blue Devils didn’t have time to dwell with another ICC matchup on Martin Luther King day.

Bellwood-Antis came out and showed everyone that a loss won’t shake them and they realize their goals can still be achieved. They went out and battled back against Moshannon Valley last night and dominated.

The Lady Blue Devils were up 40-14 after the first half before almost doubling the lead in the second to secure the 83-43 blowout.

Sophomore Alli Campbell shot an impressive 50 percent from the field on her way to 30 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals, and 2 blocks. Emilie Leidig kept the hot hand, dropping 19 points, dishing out 7 assists, and added 2 blocks. Sakeria Haralson tagged on 12 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 blocks.

The long weekend may have just brought the team even closer together, rallying each other to come back and deliver the blowout.

Sophomore Alli Campbell stated, “We responded very well and didn’t dwell on the loss at all. We put it behind us, and we were focused on what needed done against Mo Valley.”

Despite losing a close one it may just prove to be a blessing in disguise to have the experience in tight games as they prepare for the tail end of the season.