Lady Blue Devils round out regular season over Lady Trojans

Riley Miller

The Lady Devils huddle one last time before taking the floor against Mount Union.

Colin McCaulley, Sports Writer

How far can this team go?

It’s difficult to say. Last night, the Lady Blue Devil basketball team destroyed yet another I.C.C. opponent, Mount Union, 75-29 to round out the regular season with a 20-2 record.

The game started on a 30-0 run by the Blue Devils, which wouldn’t end until the second quarter. At the half Bellwood-Antis was up 43-7 but that wasn’t the worst of it, the Lady Blue Devils outscored Mount union again in the third quarter to get the lead to 46 where it would stay for the remainder of the game.

Alli Campbell led the way in all stats but steals last night; she had 22 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals, and 5 blocks. Sakeria Haralson was close behind with 16 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks.

The I.C.C. championship will be played Saturday at Claysburg-Kimel High School between the Devils and Everett, who already matched up earlier this season, ending with a beat down handed out by Campbell and company.

It’s that time of the year when speculation as well as the playoffs begin.  Bellwood-Antis was able to dominate the I.C.C.,  but the Lady Devils are still only ranked fourth in District 6 2A, behind No. 1 Blairsville, Bishop McCort and Penns Manor.

Among the teams ranked above Bellwood-Antis,  the ladies already beat McCort at the Jaffa Shrine tournament by almost 20 points in December. They will face off against Homer Center in the first round.