Godspell opens Friday

Tickets still available for spring musical

Rebecca Burns

B-A’s production of Godspell opens Friday.

Emily Dively, Staff Writer

Attention B-A community: Godspell the musical is almost here!

The production will begin running on Friday April 27 and run through Sunday April 29 in the high school auditorium.

The tickets are available seatyourself.biz.

There are still plenty of seats available.

Godspell is a musical based upon the Gospels according to St. Matthew and Luke, creating a story involving Jesus, John, and Judas spreading Christ’s message of love and tolerance. Stephen Schwartz, the composer of Godspell, brought a classic rock-and-roll style to his music. He is also the producer of Wicked, Pippen, and Children of Eden.

I’m excited to be able to see how we do considering the amount of work put into it.

— Dominick Faith

Senior Robert Vankirk is playing the role of Jesus.

“There will great music. We’ve put hundreds of hours of work,” he said.  “We’re excited to put it on.”

Tryouts were held in November and practice began in January. The play is directed by Mrs. Karen Volpe, and is being overseen by the BAHS music director, Ms. Beth Hull.

Junior Dominick Faith, who is playing the role as Judas, says there is a lot to look forward to.

“We act out parables, which is cool. There’s a lot of great dancing. The finale song is good, and you’ll hear Robert singing his heart out,” Dominick said.

He added that the cast has put in a lot of dedicated hours for this particular musical.

“I leave home in the morning and don’t come back after 10, so it’s a long day. However it’s worth it, and I’m excited to be able to see how we do considering the amount of work put into it,” said Dominick.