Feature Teacher: Mr. Barr
Mr. Batemans Shop class builds new piece for media center

May 17, 2024

Athlete of the Week: Chase Plummer and Curtis Shedlock

May 17, 2024

Dickinson moves on to states

Dickinson moves on to states

May 16, 2024

Familiar face moving back to the high school

Olivia Cunningham
Mr. Partner is moving back to the high school after 10 years teaching in the middle school.

Mr. Partner, a teacher who moved to the middle school 10 years ago after teaching in the high school, is moving back to the high school to wind down his career.

Mr. P, as he’s known to most students, said that he is moving back for one last change of scenery before he retires, which he will be in less than 10 years. He is looking foreword to working again with young adults who are ready to discuss career and college choices as well as discuss some life lessons relating to various literature that they will be reading in class.

Mr. P is thinking about the next chapter of his life, which will involve teaching English, perhaps on the college level.

The job he will fill is the tenth grade English position currently being filled by Ms. Poplin. Ms. Poplin has been in all year as a long-term sub for Mrs. Cunningham, who had her second child last year. When Mrs. Cunningham announced she would not be returning to her position, the opening was made available.

“We’re sad to see Mrs. Cunningham go because she was such a good teacher and valuable asset to the department, but you couldn’t ask for a better replacement than Mr. Partner,” said Mr. Naylor, the English department chairperson. “This isn’t like having a new person step into the job. Mr. Partner has been there and done that as a senior high teacher at Bellwood.”

He said he is very excited to move back to the high school and work with the English department and high school staff once again on various school wide assignments and projects.

Mr. P said that his schedule will definitely present some challenges because the grades that he will be teaching are ones that he hasn’t taught before at BA, including an AP class; however, he is willing to spend a bit of his summer to receive the necessary training and to prepare for the up coming year.

“My middle school experience has been a good one. I enjoyed working with middle school staff and students. I also enjoyed the focus of teaching grammar and writing as well as looking forward to Fridays when we read and discussed articles of the week.” said Mr. Partner.

Mr. P said there are a lot of great things going on and great people in the middle school, and it will be tough to part ways after ten years, but he believes it is time to once again head back up to the high school and finish his time here at Bellwood-Antis.