GodSpell nominated for Isaac’s

Kerry Naylor

GodSpell was nominated for seven Isaac’s.

Julianna Norris, Copy Editor

Bellwood-Antis put on its production of GodSpell last week, and it was a huge success! However, the fun isn’t over yet!

Multiple actors and actresses from this year’s musical have been nominated for The Isaacs!

The Isaac’s are  awards that encourage and support excellence in high school theatre productions. Every year, annual awards are given out that are designed to recognize student achievement in high school musical productions from all around the area.

It is awesome to see all of the work paid off. We probably  put in hundreds of hours and a lot of stress, sweat and tears.

— Robert VanKirk

The Isaac’s are managed by the Altoona Community Theatre, and there are two awards ceremonies on Saturday, May 26 and Sunday, May 27. Bellwood-Antis’ production of GodSpell will be recognized during the Saturday awards ceremony.

There were seven Isaac’s nominations for our cast and crew of GodSpell!

Robert Vankirk, who played Jesus, was nominated for Actor in Leading Role.

“It’s a great honor. I’m honesty kind of shocked. I never realized I was even that good because I don’t go to see other productions,” said Robert.

The cast and crew  worked very hard to pull the musical together, and Robert said the awards nominations reflect that.

“It is awesome to see all of the work paid off. We probably  put in hundreds of hours and a lot of stress, sweat and tears,” said Robert.

Junior Dominic Faith was nominated for Actor in the Supporting Role. He played the part of Judas.

“This is my first musical, so I don’t really know what this means,” said Dominic. “It feels good, though.”

As a unit, Godspell received nominations for Stage Crew, Ensemble (the followers), Featured Dance for “We Beseech Thee,” and Best Musical Number for “All For the Best.”

GodSpell also received a nomination for Best Production.

“The cast and crew was us,” said Dominic. “We were always moving things when we needed. There were no scene changes. I don’t know of many other productions with just two acts and no stoppage.”