ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Kenny Robinson

Kenny Robinson is nearing the 18s in his sophomore season in cross country.

Landon Bungo, Staff Writer

BluePrint Sports

Kenny Robinson is running some of the best times for Bellwood-Antis in cross country in his sophomore season.

Kenny said he is motivated by his team and is pushing for the school record. His best time is 19:06.

His training routine came from a workout his coaches got from Jack Daniels, who coached Olympic athletes. It consists of long slow runs and short distance speed work.

According to Kenny, his biggest motivation is his dad, who ran a 5k in under 16 minutes when he was in high school.

Kenny’s favorite part of cross country is the teamwork. He said his teammates always congratulate each other and cheer each other on.

He enjoys the pressure of being a top contender because then he has to run a good race. Kenny said his pregame focus comes from gaining as much energy and adrenaline as possible, and it helps him stay focused through out the race.

Since cross country is such a demanding sport, his drive to be the best helps him in his workouts every day. His decision to go out for cross country came from the coaches and teammates, as well as his parents and friends.

While he plays baseball in the spring, Kenny said he is thinking about running distance in track this year and has it in the back of this mind.