BMOC: Riley D’Angelo

Terry Albright

Riley D’Angelo celebrates her record-setting goal with her parents and coach.

Dallas Hollen, Sports Writer

You could say Bellwood-Antis senior Riley D’Angelo was born for the game of soccer.

Ever since she could walk she had a love to play the game and has had an incredible career.

From starting out in youth soccer and playing with friends to setting the all-time scoring record for the Tyrone/Bellwood-Antis co-op girls soccer team with 77 career goals, Riley has done it all.

Riley set the record two weeks ago in the season finale against Huntington. It came off a penalty kick for her her 27th goal of the season.

She broke the record that has been held since 2014 by Tyrone’s own Carrie Vance.

“I have been playing soccer basically since I started walking. I played in my first organized league when I was five,” Riley said. “I was going into this season with breaking the record as a goal, but I was definitely skeptical if I could reach it or not.”

Riley’s record-setting career has earned her the BluePrint’s selection for Big Man on Campus for the month of October.

Riley  is an amazing athlete who is terrific not only at soccer but basketball as well. She has been looking forward to her senior year of athletics by training and working hard.

“Over the summer I lifted with Freddy Dorman, and before the season I went to the field with my dad to get some extra practice,” Riley said.

Last basketball season as a junior Riley scored a total of 312 points and averaged 10.1 points per game. She finished third in total points on the team behind sophomore teammates Alli Campbell and Emilie Leidig.

She is hoping to lead her team to another successful season as a senior and is eager to get back to Hershey.

“Hopefully we will be back in Hershey,” Riley said when asked If she thought it was going to be another great season.