Band holding instrument drive

Kaelynn Behrens

The band is looking for instrument donations to assist students who want to learn to play an instrument but cannot afford to buy a new one.

Ashlyn Ball, Staff Writer

The Bellwood-Antis band is hosting an instrument drive to collect used instruments.

While Bellwood-Antis has been fortunate enough to have a large selection of school owned instruments to lend, the band is growing, and the instruments are getting older.

The rapid growth of the band under Mr. Patrick Sachse has created a shortage of working instruments to led students, so the band is asking, if families are able, to consider purchasing their own instrument so that a school instrument could go to a student in need.

Band Teacher, Mr. Patrick Sachse said, “As our program grows larger, we are running out of working instruments to lend out.  Some students join a ‘waiting list’ for their preferred instrument, which is unfair to them.  I would hate for a student to be deprived of an educational experience because of family finances.”

Instruments will be collected at any music department concert this season. They can be dropped off in the lobby where attendees purchase tickets.

If you do donate an instrument, your family enters the band concert for free.  Donated instruments can also be dropped off at the greeter’s station during school hours.

Even if an instrument needs any slight repairs please donate, donors can still drop it off. It can be inspected and repaired at B-A.

So far, the band was not raised any instruments, but the goal is five.