Lady Devils earn another ICC championship

Jeff Miller

Junior Sakeria Haralson just missed a triple double in helping to lead Bellwood-Antis to a win over Everett in the ICC championship game.

Corey Johnston, Sports Writer

On Saturday the Bellwood-Antis Girls Basketball team played Everett in the ICC Championship at Claysburg-Kimmel High School, bringing home the title by beating Everett 63-50 in a tough fought game.

Juniors Alli Campbell and Sakeria Harlson both had themselves very good games.

Campbell scored 25 points and Harlson had 20.

Haralson went even further, pulling down 12 boards and blocking 8 shots to just miss out on a triple-double.

“I wasn’t really ready to carry the scoring load early on, but I got used to it as the game went on,” said Sakeria.

B-A led 27-23 at halftime before taking control in the third quarter, extending its lead to 49-34.

For the girls, winning the ICC wasn’t the most impressive win they’ve had, but the first step for getting ready for District play.

“Winning the ICC is kind of an expectation after winning states last year,” said Sakeria.

Another big accomplishment that happened in Saturday’s game was Campbell scoring her 2,000th varsity point.

Campbell needed 20 points going into the game and hit the mark in the fourth quarter.

Riley D’Angelo needed 10 points to hit her 1,000 point but she fell short with only three.

She will have a chance to get her milestone point tomorrow when the Lady Devils host Bishop McCort in the first round of the District 6 2A playoffs.