Devils head into Everett undefeated

Zach Miller

Owen Shedlock and the Blue Devils head into Everett undefeated.

Travis Luensmann, Sports Writer

Two completely opposite teams will play each other this tonight in Everett.

The 3-0 Blue Devils head south to face off against the 0-3 Warriors of Everett. The Devils, coming off of last weeks’ 24-21 win over Juniata Valley on a last-second field goal, are looking to continue their win streak to 4-0. Everett, on the other hand, is still looking for answers after dropping its  last game to Glendale by an odd score of 6-2.

Everett is not to be underestimated though, as its track record from previous years has proven successful not only against the Blue Devils but the entire conference.

The Warriors’ new head coach Dave Lightner certainly aims to uphold the team’s high standards from last year, when the Warriors finished with a record of 8-4 on the season.

For B-A, Coach Nick Lovrich is looking for steady improvement.

“I think we saw improvement each week so far, so we want to continue that trend,” he said. “We believe that for us to be the best team we can be at the end of the season, we need to improve as individuals first and that will lead to our team improving.  We had a good week of practice, so we are hoping to take that next step in our development.”

Here are some numbers from both teams last week, starting with the Blue Devils.

• Senior quarterback Trevor Miller went 8-20 for 134 yards with his leading receiver for yards.
  • John Kost had two receptions for 57 yards while adding a touchdown.
  • Junior Zach Mallon ran for 130 yards on 21 carries.
  • Junior Nick Plank rusher for 39 yards on 3 carries while punching in a touchdown. Plank also tied for most tackles with another junior, Ty Noonan, with 10.
  • As for the hero of last game, senior Evan Pellegrine went 3-3 in PAT’s along with his game-winning field goal.

• For the Warriors, sophomore quarterback Malex Akers passed for 8 yards on 9 attempts.
  • Cameron Mellott rushed for 96 yards on 18 carries.
  • On the defensive side, senior Luis Saldivar lead the Warriors in tackles with 8.

Friday’s game for some people may already be decided. While one team has its eyes set on keeping its undefeated season, the other looks to relish in its first victory, and has all the means of getting to it.