Second annual safe trick or treat set for a spooky night

Grace Naylor

Renaissance will be holding a Safe Trick or Treat Night on Wednesday.

Maggie Erickson, Staff Writer

For the second year in a row, the Renaissance Club is turning the high school into a web of haunted halls.

The Safe Trick or Treat Night will be held on Wednesday, October 30 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. There is no charge to attend but a donation of $2/child or $5/family is much appreciated. All of the money will be donated to BA Mini-THON in memory of Maddie Shura. 

Fun activities are not hard to come by, with the music department creating a haunted house, cheerleaders and football players dressing up as superheroes, NHS doing a spider craft, Blueprint taking pictures with Halloween backgrounds, and much more. 

Renaissance co-advisors Ms. Carrie Clippard and Mrs. Ali Stinson are hoping that more people will attend based on last year’s success. 

“We are hoping that by advertising so much earlier we will have even more community involvement,” said Ms. Clippard. 

Community is a huge part of making events like these successful. Mrs. Stinson said, “Our community is amazing so we just want to continue creating more moments that matter.”

“We are trying to do 1 activity per month and involve our community,” said Ms. Clippard. “We also wanted to support BAHS Mini-THON in their efforts.”

Come out Wednesday to support a good cause with lots of fun and even more candy.