BA assures students of their safety at school

Jon Kost

BAHS is dealing with the effects of allegations made against a junior high wrestling coach.

Julian Bartlebaugh, Editor In Chief

On Wednesday morning,  high school principal Mr. Richard Schreier and middle school principal Dr. Donald Wagner read a statement on the morning announcements in relation to recent allegations of a sexual assault by a B-A coach on school grounds.

“In light of recent events, the faculty and staff of Bellwood-Antis School District want to reassure ALL students that you are safe here at school. If you feel you need to speak with someone or you have concerns, please visit the guidance office, counselors will be available,” said Mr. Schreier’s statement.

Bellwood-Antis will have UPMC crisis counselors in addition to their own staff.

The announcement came days after the arrest of junior high wrestling coach Ryan Blazier, who is accused of sexually assaulting three minors, two on school grounds.

An ongoing investigation is still underway as Pennsylvania State Police Hollidaysburg arrived at Bellwood-Antis yesterday to question school officials.

Trooper Christopher Fox said in a tweet, “Troopers from PSP Hollidaysburg are at Bellwood High School as part of an ongoing investigation. There is no danger to the public at this time.”

Last night B-A had a public meeting with parents asking questions in relation to the arrest of Blazier. The next Bellwood-Antis School Board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday March 10th.