Bellwood-Antis baseball golf outing a success

Elaine Luensmann

The B-A baseball team had a successful fundraiser with its annual golf tournament at Sinking Valley.

Joe Dorminy, News Editor

Last weekend the Bellwood-Antis Baseball Booster Club held its 5th annual golf outing at Sinking Valley Country Club.  This is a huge fundraiser for the  baseball team that usually raises a lot of money. 

This year was a great success, with 30 groups paying $260 per team of 4 to enter.

In the end, the tournament championship went to the team of Chris McCartney, Dean Merritts, Scott Plank, and Jim Decker. The team of  Trenton Creppage, Chad Luensmann, Garret Shaw, and Mike Boytim took second.

Registration was $65 per player and $260 for a team of four players.  This fee not only covered cart fees but a buffet meal and various tee and team prizes.  There were even opportunities to do things such as sponsor a team and a tee box, sponsor a cart, be in the tournament sponsor list, or even make a prize donation.  

All money made in this fundraiser goes directly into the high school baseball program to pay for items such as team clothing, equipment, and uniforms. 

Coach Tom Partner, B-A’s assistant coach said, “The money raised now doesn’t just benefit our current players but the future players as well.”

COVID-19 was was a big concern, nearly cancelling the tournament this year.

“We had some concerns earlier in the summer when we began planning our fifth annual golf outing.  The concerns were limiting participants or completely canceling the event, but Sinking Valley did a great job keeping everyone safe while putting on a great event,” said Coach Partner.

In the end, the tournament was a great success and very profitable for the Bellwood baseball team.