Students set to return next week to in person learning

File photo

Students at BA will be headed back to in-person class next week, high school classes planning to go hybrid.

Jake Bollinger, Editor in Chief

Tuesday night the Bellwood-Antis School Board held a meeting where it discussed when students would return to school.

Students at B-A have been learning remotely since the beginning of December because of  increased COVID-19 cases in Blair County at the end of 2020, but the board decided that students would return next week on January 11.

Elementary and middle school will be going  to school in person all five days of the week. The high school will be operating on a hybrid model, with two separate groups of students attending face-to-face classes twice a week. When one group is in the high school building for classes, the other will be at home learning remotely. Fridays will be used for asynchronous virtual learning.

A calendar for remote learning in January is included below.

B-A students will follow a hybrid schedule at least until the end of January. (File photo)

The high school has already established two groups of students that will attend classes on different days of the week. These groups, labeled Blue and Gold, were determined using alphabetical order.

Hybrid learning could extend as far as the end of January, and from there the board will hold more meetings where to assess  the risks of keeping students in the classrooms, and make a decision for the future.