Honors banquet scheduled for next month

The annual honors banquet will take place next month.

Lance Robinson, Staff Writer

Bellwood-Antis High School honors will be having its annual scholarship banquet for seniors next month.

The banquet will be on Monday, May 17th at Delgrosso’s Park.

“Indoor gathering limits us to look beyond the walls of the school building, so we looked for a safe outdoor venue,” said high school principal Mr. Richard Schreier. “The number of students, parents, and special guests (when all honors students are invited) is usually between 300-400, so we needed to reduce the number of people in attendance.”

Mr. Schreier said there were 2 main reasons to hold the event for seniors.

“The first major decision was to include seniors only,” he said. “This was important for two reasons : One, this would be their last chance to attend an event like this at BAHS. Two, a major portion of the event is recognizing scholarship recipients.”

The event will be held at Pavilion 2.

“Of course, the caterer was easy. DelGrosso Lasagna meal will be the main entree,” said Mr. Schreier.

Mr. Schreier said he personally felt responsibility to B-A’s Scholarship Program to host an event.

“Last year, a virtual presentation of scholarships was shared on YouTube in May, but it just wasn’t the same,” he said. “I feared losing momentum in our scholarships program, and worried that our scholarship donations might be reduced in the future. We continue to recognize the underclassmen’s Honor Roll status, but due to capacity limitations we decided to the host only senior students who made Honor Roll, Special Achievements, and/or earned a scholarship through our program.”