GACTC students earn scholarships

Jack Luensmann

Three Bellwood seniors received scholarships from the National Technical Honor Society. (From left: Hannah Williams, Paige Otto, and Zachary Cunningham)

Jack Luensmann, Staff Writer

Earlier this month, the Greater Altoona Career and Technology Center (GACTC)  inducted ten Bellwood students – five seniors and five juniors – into the National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) for their academic achievement.

More recently, three Bellwood seniors – Zachary Cunningham, Paige Otto, and Hannah Williams – were awarded scholarships for their academic excellence. The NTHS awards $300,000 in scholarships annually to aid students seek post-secondary education in career and technical fields.

Cunningham was awarded the Franklin F. Finelli Memorial Scholarship, Otto received the Cosmetology Senior of the Year Award, and Williams was granted the Daniel A. Clark Memorial Scholarship, Richard L. McEldowney Academic Scholarship, Reliance Bank Scholarship, S. Rogers Walters Memorial Scholarship, as well as the Cosmetology Senior of the Year Award.

Cunningham spends half of his school day at the CTC studying emergency services. Both Otto and Williams, meanwhile, are enrolled in cosmetology.

Congratulations to these Bellwood seniors. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.