Bellwood defeats Moshannon Valley on the road

The+Blue+Devils+prepare+to+take+the+field+against+Moshannon+Valley+

Kimmy Bennett

The Blue Devils prepare to take the field against Moshannon Valley

Jack Luensmann, Editor in Chief

Last Friday, the Blue Devil football team traveled to Moshannon Valley for their first ICC matchup against the Black Knights. The 1-0 Devils were looking to build off of a big victory against rival Tyrone, while the 0-1 Knights were looking for some redemption after a 23-point loss to North Star.

B-A was hot out of the gate with two first quarter scores from seniors Connor Gibbons and Hunter Shawley, but defense from both teams left the second quarter scoreless.

After the half, the Blue Devils were back in stride with three more touchdowns from seniors Cooper Guyer, Sean Mallon, and another from Gibbons. The knights broke through in the fourth quarter with quarterback Ethan Webb finding sophomore Micah Beish to make the final score 35-7.

Zach Pellegrine and Connor Gibbons were big contributors  again for the Devils on offense with 106 passing yards and two passing touchdowns from Pellegrine and 156 rushing yards and 2 more touchdowns from Gibbons.

The Devils are now 2-0 overall and 1-0 in the ICC North Division. Ranked No. 3 in District 6 2A, B-A trailed No. 1 Richland and league foe Mount Union.

B-A is home this week to take on Northern Bedford. The Devils will clash with Mount Union and Juniata Valley in consecutive weeks on October 15 an October 22.