Scholarship application deadlines approaching

Hayliana Shumac

B-A offers many opportunities for seniors to earn scholarships.

Addalyn Turek, Staff Writer

Bellwood-Antis is offering multiple scholarship opportunities for senior students to apply for.

The scholarships all have different requirements, deadlines, and costs. Some applications require interviews, essays, or letters of recommendation, but it all really depends on the specific requirements of that scholarship. Most of the deadlines are sometime in March.

Many local scholarships are available in the guidance office right now, so it is important for those interested to complete the Bellwood-Antis High School Post-Secondary Scholarship Application. This is important for BAHS seniors because when they fill it out it makes them eligible for many different local/community scholarships. This year it is due by March 25 – Friday. While it does include many local/community scholarships, some othersĀ  still have separate applications. Students are eligible if they are pursuing any type of post-secondary education or training.

In addition to local and regional scholarships, the school also gets information about some state-wide scholarships. Students can also search for national scholarships using different scholarship websites.

Scholarship applications and information are put on Xello, sent out on the guidance REMIND for the class of 2022, and put on the announcements. Information and paper copies of applications are also available in the guidance office.

Students can begin their search prior to senior year. Just last week, the school held a Scholarship Search Information Meeting for interested juniors about the scholarship search and financial aid process.

In 2021 Bellwood-Antis awarded students with more than 75,000 dollars in scholarships.