Two B-A ballers to play in Altoona Mirror Basketball Classic

BluePrint images

Jaidyn McCracken and Sean Mallon will represent Bellwood-Antis this weekend at the Altoona Mirror Classic.

Julius Diossa, Staff Writer

This Friday, April 1 will be the 15th annual Altoona Mirror Basketball Classic hosted at Mount Aloysius College, an all-star showcase pitting the best of Blair County against the best from the rest of the Mirror’s coverage area.

The girls game will start at 6:30 p.m. and the boys game at 8:30.

Bellwood-Antis has not one but two basketball super seniors playing in the game, Jayden Mcracken and Sean Mallon.

Both Seniors are coming off great 2021-2022 seasons, not only as outstanding players but leaders as well.

McCracken was a state champion in her freshman season, and was a projected state-title winner the season that got cancelled by COVID in 2020. She averaged almost 10 points a gameĀ  in 2021-2022, leading the Lady Devils to the Final 4 almost getting back to Hershey.

Mallon and the Bellwood boys did not have as much success as a team this season, butĀ  he scored 15 points per game to help the Devils reach a record of 10-13 and fourth in the ICC. Mallon isn’t just a basketball ball player; he is a three-sport athlete with success in all sports.

The game is being coached by Tyrone coach Luke Rhoades. Both of the Area All-Stars rosters are dotted with players the Devils and Lady Devils have faced this season, including players from Juniata Valley, Everett, Tussey Mountain, Mount Union, and Bishop McCort.