Maverick Baker bracelets still on sale

Isabelle Kelley

Bracelets to support the Maverick Baker foundation effort are still on sale in Mr. Naylor’s room.

Maverick Baker bracelets, which are being sold in honor of a local teen who took his life in February, have been on sale at B-A for about a month to a month and a half now and they continue to sell very well.

Maverick Baker’s father was a respected part of the Bellwood-Antis school district for several years. Justin (Maverick’s father) was a custodian in the Myers Elementary until 2020.

On February 11th, 2022 Maverick took his own life. His family, like any other family, was not expecting it. But they decided to do something positive and create a scholarship and foundation in Maverick’s honor. The bracelets go towards both of those goals.

The student body has taken in this fundraiser for Maverick and consumed it. The bracelets are selling really well for the cause and helping out the family of Maverick.

Kerry Naylor is an English teacher at Bellwood High School, and he has been the contact for the sale of bracelets in the high school.

“The student body has really supported this cause. I have had to ask for extra bracelets  twice now after selling out,” he said. “The support of Maverick’s family and this scholarship and foundation have been amazing.”

The bracelets will be sold until they run completely out of them and they are available by stopping in to see Mr. Naylor. They come in yellow and pink and feature Maverick’s name and his sports numbers.