Blue Devils Dominate Everett Warriors

Morgan Kienzle

Bellwood-Antis trailed briefly but blew by Everett 53 -6 last Friday.

Caleb Beiswenger, Staff Writer

The Bellwood-Antis Blue Devils took on the Everett Warriors at Memorial Stadium. 

The  game was the annual Youth Night where the youth football teams and cheerleaders are recognized.

The Blue Devils won the game 53-6 scoring 53 unanswered points. This is the largest margin victory for the Devils tis season.

The Everett Warriors were first on the board with a touchdown pass coming from quarterback Sid Grove finding George Kuhne for a 36 yard pass. Quickly Bellwood-Antis turned it around with a blocked PAT. After that the Blue devils offense started off with a touchdown with a 13 yard rushing touchdown from senior quarterback Gaven Ridgway putting them up 7-6. The Bellwood-Antis defense drove back the warriors 33 yards to set up an interception by Senior safety Dylan Andrews to end the first quarter. 

The second quarter was nothing but senior running back Nick Kost, scoring 3 touchdowns, 24 rushing yards, 7 receiving yards, and a 29 yard pick 6. The Bellwood-Antis defense had a blocked punt to end the half. 

Fullback Jason Pluebell started off the second half with a 5 yard rushing touchdown. Followed by another touchdown from Nick Kost taking it for 53 yards, B-A went up 40-6 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. 

Sophomores Griffin Kyle and Tanner Swogger finished out the 4th quarter with a pair of touchdowns putting the Blue Devils up 53-6 to end the game. 

Head Coach Nick Lovrich said that the guys played well.

“It’s pretty much different guys every week. Today Nick Kost had a great game,” he said. “Our defense after the first drive really shut them down, and I was happy with how we responded in the second half.”

When asked about what the team can do to improve moving on to week 5. Coach Lovrich stated there is always room for improvement.

“We expect perfection with what we are trying to do, we are always going to keep trying to improve and work to get better,” Lovrich said. 

Kost led the Blue Devils with 116 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns and Gaven Ridgway led the aerial game. passing for 73 yards with 2 passing touchdowns and a rushing touchdown. 

The Blue Devils are now 3-1 after beating Everett. They travel to Juniata Valley (2-2) as they will be tested again for the top spot in the I.C.C. 

The Everett Warriors are now 0-4 and will look to pick up their first win as they get ready to play Curwensville next Friday night.