BA Sports Roundup: soccer team recognizes seniors; volleyball wins again

Morgan Kienzle

Alyson Partner is the lone BA senior on the soccer team; Soccer vs. Philipsburg-Osceola.; October 5, 2022. (Morgan Kienzle)

Chelsea McCaulsky, Staff Writer

The girls Tyrone/Bellwood-Antis co-op soccer team defeated the Philipsburg Osceola Mountaineers last Wednesday 5-0 in Tyrone. 

It was Senior Day recognition.

Junior Lainey Quick added  a goal.

The soccer team is graduating five seniors in total: one, Alyson Partner, from Bellwood and four from Tyrone. 

Alyson has been playing soccer for 11 years starting in the AYSO league in Tipton. She played club soccer for three years, and then moved to junior high/varsity.

Alyson said, “I will miss the friendships and supportiveness of the soccer environment. Over the past 11 years my experience in soccer has taught me to preserve, and teamwork.” 

Volleyball trounces Curwensville

The volleyball team is enjoying an interesting 12-1 season after defeating the Curwensville Golden Tide Tuesday night, and the Mount Union Trojans Thursday night. They swept both teams 3-0. Against Mount Union, senior Hailee McConnell had 24 assists, 14 service points, and 8 digs. Lydia Worthing was unstoppable with 15 blocks. 

They are second overall in the ICC league and look to keep their spot in the league in hopes of a win Tuesday over the Mo Valley Damsels, and Thursday against the Juniata Valley Hornets. 

Senior Hailee McConnell said, “I think the season is going well and is pretty solid all around, especially for losing a coach mid season. Our toughest match is going to be against West Branch, on October 20th. This match will determine who will take over the ICC North title. We are really excited for this half of the season.” 

Senior night is October 18th against Glendale, and the student section theme is Beach Theme.