ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Christian Sensibaugh

Christian Sensibaugh, running here just ahead of Daman Mills, has been the top runner for the boys cross country team this season.

Caleb Beiswenger, Staff Writer

Christian Sensibaugh has been a running cross country since his freshman year, and this season he has been the fastest runner on the team for the boys.

Christian’s all time best run was 18:34 which he accomplished in his sophomore year. Last week he finished in 18:36 at the ICC championship meet.

Christian did some light workouts and went on jogs in the offseason to prepare for this fall. His favorite run is called Oswald Hill. He likes it because of the challenge and the view. He said he joined the cross country team because he was always active and liked running as a kid.

Christian ran in the Blair/Huntingdon invitational race on Tuesday with a time of 19:33. He will run in the District 6 championship this Saturday.

Christian plans to become a welding technician after he graduates high school. He wants to go to school for engineering later in life once he sets a steady base for himself.

Congratulations to Christian Sensibaugh for being The BluePrint Athlete of the Week.