Lovrich runs to cross country state championship

Courtesy photo

Alexis Lovrich punched her ticket to the PIAA cross country championship meet with a top-5 finish at Districts last weekend.

Jacob Hawn, Staff Writer

Alexis Lovrich placed higher at Districts than any B-A runner in 10 years and punched a ticket to the state meet.

Lovrich placed 5th at the District 6 2A cross country meet on Saturday, October 29. The last Blue Devil runner to finish as high was Ellen Crook in 2013.

Lovrich ran a time of 20:19, which qualified her for the PIAA state championship meet. The meet will be held Saturday, November 5 at the Hershey Parkview Country Club Course. 

“I feel honored and excited to be able to run at states,” says Lovrich. “It’s something that a lot of people don’t get to do.” 

Lovrich has had a standout season, and has only been running with the cross country team for one year. Some of her accomplishments include placing first at the ICC championship, and placing first for the B-A girls in every meet. 

Cross country coach Mr. Connor Hunter had a lot to say about Lovrich’s season. 

“Lexi had a fantastic season. We always see those students that want to do other fall sports but we know they could be excellent runners, so it was so exciting when Lexi decided to join cross country,” said Mr. Hunter. “ Throughout the season she demonstrated excellent sportsmanship and respect, and those are the things that her coaches will truly remember her for. She’s improved a lot over the course of this season, and I’m excited to see what she can do in Hershey.”