Band shows out for Vets

Courtesy photo

The Bellwood-Antis band helped support local veterans when it played at the Sweats for Vets event last week.

Tighe Eaken Jr., Staff Writer

Bellwood-Antis band members got a jumpstart on celebrating the Veterans Day holiday last weekend, taking part in a charity event that is known for raising thousands of dollars for local service members.

The charity event, Sweats for Vets, is a charity race that benefits local veterans. It starts at the Brush Mountain Sportsman’s club and takes participants up the Pinecroft powerline trails.

The organization has raised and donated over an astonishing $200,000 to local veterans over the last 8 years.

The band participants were Madison Brinkman, Evelyn Toland, Aidan DelMastro, Trinity Maines, Kaelyn Toland, Eli Bianchini, Katie Bianchini, Anthony Berardi, and Emily Zacker.

“Overall, this experience provided the band members with a great opportunity to perform in front of an audience, and it gave the band a way to show their support for veterans,” said senior Madison Brinkman.

Band director Mr. Patrick Sachse noted that eighth grader Blake Pennington and fourth grade teacher Leah Frederick participated in the run, and said that the group’s board members were thrilled to have the B-A students at the event.

“The board greatly appreciated the students for donating their time to a great cause, and were impressed with how strong they played,” he said,