BA baseball ends regular season with a loss

Junior Vince Cacciotti pitched well for the Blue Devils against Everett, but B-A fell in the first game of a two-team double-header 13-9.

Tighe Eaken Jr., Staff Writer

This past Friday, the Williamsburg Blue Pirates got their revenge on the Blue Devils on their second matchup of the season, handing them a 13-3 loss. It was the second game in a two-team double-header that saw B-A lose twice.

In the opener against Everett, the Devils fell 13-9 after losing a big lead.

The Devils had eight hits, including doubles by Josh Dorminy and Nick Kost, to go up 8-5 on the Warriors by the seventh inning, but there they collapsed, giving up 8 runs in Everett’s final at-bat.

Reliever Chris Wallace took the loss, allowing all 8 of those runs on 6 hits.

Against the Pirates, B-A knew early it was going to be a long game as they went down by 4, but in the second they were able to get the ball rolling and put up 2 runs to shorten the Pirate’s lead.

After a pretty quiet third inning for both sides, Williamsburg really took the lead when they were able to cross the plate 7 more times in the fourth inning

The game then came to an end in the fifth inning when B-A was down by 10 and not able to make anything happen.

Williamsburg freshman Parker Crownover went 4-for-4 and added his second home run of the season.

Kost had one of B-A’s 6 hits and drove in 2 runs.

B-A has now officially completed the 2023 regular season with a 11-8 record, and 3rd in the ICC.