Baseball and softball teams each pick up a loss

Girls earn ‘W’ in suspended game
Terry McCaulley
Palynn Greg had 13 strikeouts against Williamsburg and another 7 Ks against Central.

The Bellwood-Antis baseball and softball teams kicked off a busy week yesterday.

Blue Devils fall short in loss to Hollidaysburg

The Blue Devils dropped back to .500 after a tough loss to Hollidaysburg, 4-1 yesterday on the road.

B-A had the lead 1-0, up until the bottom of the fourth inning. The Golden Tigers then settled in against freshman Noah Gulvas, knocking out a couple of hits to put up 3 runs in the bottom of the fourth. They would put up another run in the fifth that would ultimately close the door on the Blue Devils.

Matt Berkowitz led the Bellwood offense, going 2-2 and driving in B-A’s lone run. Camden and Tanner Swogger each added a hit of their own.

In his first varsity appearance, Gulvas held Hollidaysburg scoreless up until the fourth inning. He threw 4 2/3 innings and struck out three while allowing four runs. Josh Dorminy came in to close game letting up one hit and striking out one.

The Blue Devils are now 8-8 and head to Westmont Hilltop to take on the Hilltoppers, today at 4:30. Currently ranked 9 in the District 6 2A race, B-A is battling for its postseason life.

Lady Blue Devils go 1-1

Before the Lady Blue Devils played the Central Dragons yesterday, they had some unfinished business to take care of. They had to finish a game against Williamsburg that was cut short earlier in the season.

Bellwood-Antis won the suspended game 11-5.

Palynn Gregg struck out 13 and earned herself another win on the mound.

Kat Garman, Lainey Quick, and Parker Martin each grabbed 2 hits a piece. Quick, Moore, and Evans all batted in one run earning themselves each an RBI.

After finishing the suspended games the Lady Blue Devils took on the Central Lady Dragons, losing 11-1.

Gregg got the start on the mound and struck out seven and walked seven.

The Lady Devils are now 4-12.