Homecoming Bio: Olivia Hess

Homecoming Bio: Olivia Hess

Escort: Ethan Johnston 

Court Name: Liv’s Lightning 

Why do you think you were nominated to be on the court? I’m involved in a lot around the school and have gotten to know many of my classmates, so I hope it’s because they like who I am and how I carry myself.

What is the best piece of advice you have received so far? Two of my favorites are, “If it’s out of your hands, it deserves freedom from your mind too,” and “Now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.”

Who is your favorite teacher, or teachers, and why? I’ve really enjoyed classes with Mr. Naylor, Mr. McNaul, Mrs. Stinson, Mrs. Frank, and Mr. Carr. They always keep class interesting. 

Who’s your role model and why? My role models are my parents. They’re my loudest cheerleaders and I look up to them greatly. They always know the right thing to do and are just good humans. 

What are your future plans, if you know? I plan on going to college to major in Economics.

What do you think the best part of high school is? So far, I’ve loved being able to choose classes that interest me, participate in student sections, and be part of clubs that I enjoy.

If you could give a piece of advice to incoming freshmen, what would it be? This is the beginning of anything you want. So, lay a strong foundation, make it count, and enjoy it!

What clubs or organizations are you involved in? Girls basketball, NHS, Renaissance, BluePrint, FCA, Key Club, Mini-Thon, Office internship, and I volunteer with the Backpack Program.

Favorite homecoming activities: I’m excited about all of it, but especially spirit week. 

What would it mean to you to be crowned homecoming queen? It would be an honor to win, but it would be just as cool to see any of the other nominees be crowned. I know everyone says this every year, but they have literally been some of my absolute best friends throughout high school—a few even since pre-school. So, I’m just happy to be a part of it!