ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Dalton Poorman
Dancing with the Stars

Dancing with the Stars

April 30, 2024

BA holds spring band concert this evening

April 30, 2024

Bye Bye Birdie scores big nominations at Isaac Awards

April 30, 2024

Miranda Tornatore crowned Homecoming queen

Morgan Kienzle
Miranda Tornatore poses at the Homecoming parade with her escort Connor Cobaugh.

Senior Miranda Tornatore was announced queen at the Homecoming game Friday, and she said it was a tremendous “honor” and an overall magical moment.

The runner up was Kate Heisler.

Winning Homecoming queen was a magical moment. I’m so grateful for everyone who supported me.

— Miranda Tornatore

“Homecoming week was filled with memories,” said Tornatore. “I enjoyed every second of it, and I’m so grateful I got to be with my friends. Winning Homecoming queen was a magical moment. I’m so grateful for everyone who supported me.”

Other members on the court included Shawna Lovrich, Olivia Hess, and Chloe Brown. Lexi Lovrich, who was queen in 2022, was there for the crowning.

“I had a lot of fun and it was a memorable week that I’ll never forget,” Hess said. “It was an honor to be on the court and a blast to do it with my friends!”

Throughout the week the girls led many different activities, such as spirt week, where the court and the student body dressed up everyday. On Friday there was a special prep rally for the court and the student body in the high school gymnasium, and before the game was the annual Homecoming parade, where the court was escorted through town in convertibles throwing candy to kids along the way.

“I would say that it was a once in a lifetime experience,” said Brown. “It was fun doing everything with my friends and to just enjoy ourselves  throughout the different activities.”

After the crowing Sideline Cancer donated $5,420 to Bellwood resident Melody Plummer, who is battling colon cancer. The money had been raised by the courts in part through t-shirt sales.

B-A lost the game to Bishop Guilfoyle 27-13.

Check the BluePrint throughout the week for photo stories from the Homecoming crowning.

View Comments (2)