Bye Bye Birdie auditions to be held soon

Kate Wallace
The music department is getting ready for this years musical: Bye Bye Birdie

The high school music department is preparing auditions for their musical, Bye Bye Birdie, where students are asked to dance, sing, learn some parts, and do a cold read of some of the script.

The auditions will be held November 14th from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., and November 15th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Callbacks will be the following 16th. Audition sign up sheets are on the choral board outside of the music room.

All 7th to 12th grade students can audition.

”I’m really excited to be working with the new kids this year,” commented Kimmy Bennett, a senior who auditioned for the musical, “and I’m really excited to step up as a senior in the music department.”

For students trying out for main parts, they are asked prepare 16 to 32 bars of music that they feel best represents their voice and vocal abilities. This must be between 20 to 60 seconds.

For students not trying out for main parts, they will instead be asked to sing the beginning parts of scales and match pitch. All students are recommended to wear appropriate and flexible clothing for dancing.

”Every great production starts with a great cast,” commented Abigail Eckenrod, a senior in the music department, “and I’m sure there will be a great turnout.”