COLLEGE CORNER: Seth Hollen

Seth will start his four years at Penn State Altoona and end at University Park.

On November 8, 2023, senior Seth Hollen received his acceptance letter from Pennsylvania State University, and committed soon after. Beginning in the fall of 2024, he will be doing two years of classes at the Altoona campus, and will finish at University Park for his last two years. 

Seth is planning to major in chemical engineering, and will go in with a good foundation from his honors and AP chemistry classes. At the end of his undergraduate years, Seth’s goal is simply to “get a job somewhere”.

PSU was Seth’s first choice because of its proximity to home, along with the “modern and advanced” classrooms. 

He knew this was the right school for him when Penn State repeatedly showed up in the rankings for good engineering courses. The undergraduate chemical engineering program is currently ranked twentieth, nationally.

“They have a great engineering school and it is very close [to home] ,” he said.

Seth is looking most forward to meeting new people and getting the “college experience”.

WE ARE rooting for you, Seth!