Super Sub: Mrs. Wright

Abigail McGuire
Mrs. Wright has been a staple sub in the school district since her retirement.

If you were fortunate enough to be in elementary general music before 2015, you’re bound to remember Mrs. Jennifer Wright. She spent twenty four and a half years teaching before she retired. Now, you can find her present in many different classrooms around the school district taking on the job of substitute teaching.

“I wasn’t ready to spend all my time at home,” remarked Mrs. Wright. “There’s not a lot of subs in the world. In education, [Schools] are struggling right now to find help.”

She misses October through December the most because of the holiday themed songs and decorating what was once her classroom. However, substitute teaching has been rather rewarding for her as well.

Overall, her favorite part of substituting is still being able to be with the students and teachers. She’s thankful to be able to continue friendships with other faculty members that she may not see in her everyday life.

Currently, Mrs. Wright and Mr. Bower, the retired high school choir director, took charge of the Elementary School Drama club. They’re currently working on a production entitled ‘North Pole Musical’ which is set to showcase at the BAHS Auditorium. More to come on that in a later story.

She also still participates in the Bellwood Adult Community choir which is set to have their Christmas concert on December 17th, at 2:30 at the Lewis-Myer’s Elementary school.

According to Mrs. Wright, “The school district was and still is super supportive of the work Mr. Bower and I did. I am forever grateful for the support they’ve shown us.”