Law class holds mock trials
Priced out of playing

Priced out of playing

April 26, 2024

BAHS teachers get their classrooms back

BAHS teachers get their classrooms back

April 26, 2024

Student teacher support program launches in Pennsylvania

April 26, 2024

ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Leigha Clapper

Morgan Kienzle
Leigha Clapper has been a scoring leader for B-A this season.

Junior girls basketball player Leigha Clapper has been named the Blueprint’s Athlete of the Week. 

With only 4 games played this season, she has stood out as a leader and a threat on the court. Currently, she is averaging 13.3 points per game.

Clapper started off the season dropping 13 points against Hollidaysburg, a tough team. She followed that game by scoring 19 points against Somerset, and continued playing well game after game.

Leigha has been top scorer for the Lady Blue Devils and a key factor in their early season success. Currently the team is sitting at 3-1, with high hopes for the rest of the season. Leigha says her goals for the team are to “win the LHAC, as well as districts, and hopefully make the state playoffs.” 

Clapper also has important goals for herself this season. She said, “My personal goals for this season consist of becoming a better teammate, as well as improving on my game. There is always room for improvement, and I feel as though these goals should be met this season.” 

Coach Kyley Longo-McGarvey said Clapper put in a lot of work in the offseason to sharpen her skills, most notably her ball handling. She also said Clapper – who emerged as a starter during her freshman season – has stepped up as a leader and led by example.

“She has a great shot that helps propel our team. She has become a very good defender and is continuing to improve each day,” Coach Longo-McGarvey said. “Leigha is a great kid to have around and we are lucky to have her as apart of our team. I look forward to seeing what this year brings for her.”

With 474 career points and almost two full seasons left to play, there’s a possibility of Clapper joining B-A’s growing list of thousand-point scorers.

Congratulations Leigha on being the Athlete of the Week, and good luck with the rest of your season.