College Corner: Connor Cobaugh

Jordan Hescox
Connor smiles for the camera.

Connor Cobaugh is a senior at Bellwood-Antis, and after this school year he plans on attending Penn State Altoona for two years to earn an Associate Degree in Criminal Justice. After he finishes his degree at Penn State, he plans on furthering his career path by traveling to Harrisburg to attend Ross Leffler School of Conservation. By attending Ross Leffler, Connor can become trained on how to be a Game Warden.

Connor is interested in pursuing a career as a Game Warden because he loves the outdoors, and can’t get enough of nature. In the wilderness, Connor enjoys hunting and fishing.

“I like the rewarding feeling you get after the big catch, or how you feel after you shoot a nice buck,” said Connor.

Along with hunting and fishing, Connor enjoys working, playing baseball, and lifting. He has played baseball for 14 years, where the majority of his time has been spent pitching. Two years ago Connor unfortunately had to undergo Tommy John surgery on his throwing arm. 

“It set me back an entire year. My pitching and throwing in general will never be the same,” said Connor.

In high school, he enjoyed World Cultures the most because of the humorous personality of the legendary Mr. Rhone. Along with the personality of many’s favorite teacher, Connor found World Cultures to be easy to understand because of the curriculum.