Feature Student Teacher: Mr. Rawa

Peyton McCahan
Mr. Rawa is a student teacher from Penn State working with Mr. McNaul.

This week’s student teacher is Mr. Rawa. He is student teaching for Mr. McNaul’s classes until April.

Mr. Rawa attends Penn State University for his Secondary Education Social Studies Degree.

“My favorite thing about student teaching is that I feel like an adult when I hear students say my name in the hallway,” he said. “Mr. McNaul is very supportive and gives honest feed back. He treats me with respect and is a very personable guy.”

Mr. Rawa’s biggest role model is his dad. “He enjoys life & works hard,” he said.

The most difficult thing about student teaching, he said, is the schedule, which can be demanding.

“It’s a lot different to go from my relaxing college schedule to walking in at 8 a.m.,” he said.

Mr. Rawa says he chose social studies as his teaching degree because it’s a topic that allows for some great discussions. One goal he has for his overall teaching career is to enjoy it more and more every year. He says he plans on teaching anywhere from 7th through 12th grade.

“I would like to teach somewhere back home to save money, and then to go where my little heart desires,” Mr. Rawa said.

In his free time Mr. Rawa enjoys listening to music, watching NFL and NBA games, and bowling even though he’s not that good at it.

View Comments (1)