BluePrint to host March Madness challenge

The BluePrint staff is having a contest to determine its best prognosticators for March Madness.

This year the BluePrint staff is competing in a March Madness Bracket Challenge. Each member of the staff will make picks on each game of the tournament and whoever selects the most correct games will be declared the winner.

It’s that time of the year for the biggest show in college basketball. March Madness is a bracket style single elimination tournament with 68 teams competing for the national championship.

Before the final bracket is set there is a last chance for 4 teams to get into the tournament. There are two 10 seed and two 16 seed play-in games to make it into the final bracket. The games take place on March 19th and 20th. The 10 seed play-in games are Colorado vs Boise State and Colorado State vs Virginia. The 16 seed play-in games are Wagner vs Howard and Grambling vs Montana State.

The true tournament begins with the round of 64 on March 21st and 22nd. The second round has the remaining 32 playing on March 23rd and the 24th. After the second round it moves into the sweet 16 where all the Cinderella stories either fizzle out or become a team to stay. The sweet 16 will be played March 28th and 29th. The elite eight will be played March 30th and 31st.

The final four will be played on April 6th and the championship will be played on April 8th.

Both the final four and championship game will be played at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.

Coming off a championship last year and another strong season UConn is considered the betting favorite. Although, the last time there has been a defending national champion was Florida in 2006 and 2007.

Some underdogs to look out for are NC State, Longwood, McNeese State, and Long Beach State.